There’s a new benefit to registering your EDGE project with GBCI: free EDGE training. Now, up to two team members of each registered project will be eligible for free access to the English version of GBCI’s EDGE Technical Online Workshop.
GBCI is committed to providing value-added service to its clients. “We understand that equipping our project teams with in-depth knowledge of green building design and construction means they are better able to identify the most cost-effective ways to reduce the environmental impacts of their buildings. Training allows us to quickly remove any remaining barriers to understanding and implementing green building practices through EDGE and our clients can expect an even smoother certification process when they know exactly what to expect,” says Dror Karni, Senior Director, Market Transformation and Development at USGBC and GBCI.
The EDGE Technical Online Workshop is designed to help EDGE project teams understand the EDGE standard, use the web-based software app and navigate the certification process. This course consists of five on-demand sessions with quizzes, a practical exercise and other interactive features and resources.
In addition, the course will help prepare EDGE Expert candidates to take the EDGE Exam. The course offers continuing education hours and takes students about 5–6 hours to complete. The first two courses are on us, with additional course purchases costing only $150 USD.
How to register your EDGE projects with GBCI:
- If you have not done so already, create your project using the free EDGE software and enter basic information about your building on the Design Tab. Be sure to save your project.
If you already created your project, simply log in to the EDGE software.
- Click on the green “Dashboard” button.
- Click on the name of the project you would like to register.
- Click on the green “Register project” button.
- Select GBCI as your certifier and click “Yes” to confirm your choice on the pop-up that appears.
- Complete the form that appears and click the green “Submit” button.