Trying to achieve EDGE certification before the end of the year? The time to plan is now.
We know that some green building projects may have deadlines to achieve certification before the end of the year and we anticipate potential delays during the final two months of the year if many projects submit for review at the same time. Further, the end of the year is a customary time for many of us to take well-earned time off to spend with our friends and family during the holiday season. On this note, GBCI offices will be closed from December 25 to January 1.
If your project must absolutely receive EDGE certification before the end of 2019, please closely review the deadlines we have set out below and plan ahead.
EDGE PROJECT TEAMS:
To ensure Preliminary or Final EDGE certification in 2019, pay for and submit your projects to your EDGE Auditors by November 1, 2019.
To ensure Preliminary or Final EDGE certification in 2019, submit your initial audit comments to GBCI by November 8, 2019 and final comments/recommendation by December 1, 2019.
Some additional important reminders and considerations:
- The deadline dates are based on standard review timelines and assume two rounds of review by Auditor and/or GBCI for Preliminary or Final EDGE Certification.
- The above deadline dates assume that Project Teams will provide clarifications to initial review comments within 5 business days of receiving them from their Auditor. Further, after the Auditor submits to GBCI for final review/recommendation, no additional documentation is necessary. If there are further clarifications needed from the Project Team or Auditor after GBCI QC, the certification may be delayed.
- A limited number of Expedited Reviews (half of standard timeline) may be available based on GBCI capacity. However, these cannot be guaranteed during the end of the year. Your best bet is to plan ahead and meet the deadline dates above – you’ll also avoid extra fees! If you are planning to request an Expedited Review, please contact GBCI as soon as possible, and at minimum 10 business days prior to submitting your project for audit. If you're seeking an Expedited Review, additional flat certification fee of $2,750 applies. For Expedited Reviews, Auditors should plan to submit the project to GBCI no later than December 6 in order to achieve certification before end of year.
- All registration and certification fee payments must clear before GBCI begins review of a project.
- All project teams hoping to achieve Preliminary or Final EDGE Certification by a certain date before end of 2019, should inform the project EDGE Auditor and GBCI of their specific needs as early as possible. GBCI will make every effort to accommodate reasonable requests, as capacity allows.
If you have any questions, please contact GBCI by emailing [email protected].